Tuesday, May 25, 2010

C4C38 Sketch Challenge

 


I created this card for the sketch challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges and used a stamp set and embossing folder that I have been meaning to try for quite a while. Both are from Stampin'Up. I embossed the right triangle piece and cut out along the embossed line of the rose. I stamped the bottom left triangle piece and also the square and can you see how the lines line up from the stamped image in both the plum and green? I also used some of my favorite paper from SU although it is probably not available anymore...

My internet, TV and phone were all down all day today so I am sending this late as it has just come up recently. Thank goodness as my favorite show of all time has its finale tonight: Dancing with the Stars. I totally agree with the final three and can't wait to see the last dances and who wins.

I have also been waiting all day to enter this card at a new challenge blog's contest for a Guest Paper Player. Always Playing with Paper is a new challenge blog and I would love to be part of their start as a Guest Paper Player as the more great challenge blogs the better!

Stamping (and dancing) smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow! Great card Karen! I love how you combined the embossing folder with the stamp set! Perfect with this sketch challenge!

Thank you for joining us this week at Always Playing with Paper!

Smiles,
Lesley ;)

Cindy Haffner said...

So PRETTY!!

jaydee said...

Karen, I LOVE the colors for this card. I also love the way you juxtaposed the stamp with the embossing folder. It works so well. The green and the plum are such sophisticated colors. Great job with both challenges.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Paper Players for the guest designer spot.
Jaydee

Corie said...

Oh my this is so beautiful!! I love your color combo, it's so pretty!!