Saturday, July 10, 2010

Caardvarks & Shabby Tea Room Challenges

 


The challenge at Caardvarks this week was to make a new birthday card and the challenge at the Shabby Tea Room was to use dry embossing in our cards. I do both of those all the time, but this time I used my new stamps that I WON from Repeat Impressions. They are hysterical and I just love to use humor in my cards so I had so much fun. (More to come later this week.)

 


That just cracks me up! I have three brothers and some brothers in law who will be getting this card. I used my Tim Holtz embossing folder on the sides and paper pieced the rose on the front.

 


I also won a package of Repeat Impression's Swing Cards, designed specifically for their line of swing stamps such as this one where the punch line or second part go on the inside of the swing part. They fit perfectly in an A2 envelope.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Karen, this card is just too funy! I love that sentiment and the flower is so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room!

Nicole said...

great card - pretty and funny! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

How adorable! I love a touch of humor on a card, too! And love that special swing card base for using those stamps. Very clever. Lovely embossing and paper piecing on the flower. Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room.

Debbie said...

Super cute!! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week :)

Polka Dot Door Designs said...

Very cool card. I love seeing cards that are different from the usual specs :-)