Tuesday, January 11, 2011

CCEE1101 & Crafty Ho's Challenges


The challenge this week at CCEE was to use checks in our card and at Crafty Ho's it was to make a monochromatic card. This is one of those cards that look better in person- the checked DP under the acetate in the diecut (swirl by Sizzix) holes and under the "live life" sticker is much more distinctive in real life. I had seen a card that used this idea and loved the look- cut out an opening with a punch or diecut, attach acetate behind the holes, raise this piece above the patterned paper below with several layers of mounting tape. I added some jewels at the corners and in the acetate hearts to complete the card.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Karen! Love this card; clean and simple, yet striking. I'm a bit behind in my FP visits, but I've signed on as a new friend and follower. Been having a great time browsing your blog. See you again soon!!

Scrap It Girl, Kimberly said...

Hello Sorry I am late.. I just came over from Feline Playful, Now I am a new follower.. I am also from Wisconsin.. Kenosha. I am the new author for Wisconsin Scrapbook news, keep me posted on any classes you might have or Wisconsin Scrappin news.

Little Scraps of Heaven Designs said...

very nice projects. found your blog on feline playful.