Friday, January 7, 2011

Critter Sketch #46 & OWH Stars & Stripes Challenges


I used the sketch at Critter Sketch as my inspiration for this card, and it is a Thinking of You card which is what OWH Stars & Stripes Challenge theme is this week. I loved the brick and floral stamps I got recently from Mark's Finest Papers and decided to pair them up with the brick Tim Holtz embossing folder from Sizzix. The paper is Core'dinations so I was able to sand it and get an "old brick" look. I used my nesties for the circle and sentiment piece and added a ribbon and floral stickers for the finishing touches.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Cards By MI said...

Yummy card great colours. Just so cool.
xMarie

Kras said...

I joined your blog

Crystal said...

Great card, I love the coredinations paper and your take on the layout is fantastic! Thanks for playing along at Critter Sketch this week :)

Cindy Gay said...

This is beautiful and I really like your blog header. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog.

Susan S said...

this is a really great card

alethea said...

HI karen, love this card and I love the one a few posts down with the brickwork behind a flower!! It's gorgeous!! I'm popping in from feline playful and am now a follower!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Very pretty card.

Anonymous said...

wonderful card, the image looks great on the paper. thanks for playing the critter sketch challenge.

Tanya said...

What a wonderful card! Everything goes so well together.

Thanks for joining us this week at Critter Sketch!

Flutterby Trina said...

hi i have come to your blog though feline playful! your creations are beautiful! I have become a follower! I have some candy on my blog, running until later today, if you haven't signed up already and you have time please feel free!!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow, what a pretty card! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home!