Sunday, February 20, 2011

Challenge up your Life and Stampavie Challenges


The challenges this week at Challenge up your Life and at Stampavie were to make monochromatic cards. I was playing with a new butterfly diecut I got (you will see more cards with it soon), and this was made with the opening mask the die made when cut out. I sponged with light blue to create the butterfly image and then stamped with a floral TAC stamp as well. I added blue gems and the "think spirng" sentiment which is how I am trying to feel with another major winter storm bearing down on us. I layered on navy blue and then on a lighter blue card for a fun monochromatic card.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sara said...

I love this card! You did an awesome job! FYI - The Stamping Boutique is having a blog hop until 5pm EST today! Also I have blog candy up for grabs until Friday the 25th! Hope you can pop over! Happy Creating! Sara

kaylou said...

gorgeous monochrome card, thank you for joining us at Stampavie and more.
Hugs Kaylou xx

Manuela said...

Absolutely fabulous! This style is great! Like it :)
Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!