Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Craft Us Crazy Winter Challenge

The challenge this week at Craft Us Crazy is Winter cards. This is highly appropriate here in central Wisconsin where we just got about a dozen more inches of snow:( I have this CAS winter card I made recently using some some DP I had for scrapping and a Tim Holtz embossing folder of his famous snowman. I cut him out and added some glitter and a scarf for a fun focal point. I sure hope this is our last blast of winter here, but it is unlikely.

My Maxine calendar recently made me lol, so am sharing: "Somebody took a beating in the market the other day. Maybe next time they'll pay attention to that "10 items or less" sign..."

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Trina said...

I have this paper and was a little more than confused with how to throw it on a card... Thank you so much for some inspiration! Your snowman looks awesome!

Jane said...

Love the card, Karen, and hope this isn't a double post.

Unknown said...

Hi Karen, I don't know about you but I'm a little fed up with winter!! Your card is just lovely though! Thanks you for joining the 2nd Craft Us Crazy Challenge. Do come back again! Hugs, Frea

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What an adorable embossed snowman! And the paper is awesome, too. Love your winter-y card! Thank you for participating in the Craft Us Crazy Challenge!!!

Arts by Sara said...

This is adorable! I love the DP that you used! Have a great day! Happy Creating! Sara

~Jeri~ said...

Awwww I love this Karen!! Love that paper you used, so pretty!!!

LOL Love the Maxine quote! She's my idol hahaha

Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and hope to see you joining us again!

kim.mom said...

BEAUTIFUL card!! Love that snowman and how you laid out your patterned papers! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Us Crazy!