Saturday, March 5, 2011

Woodware USA and Lexi's Creations Challenges


The challenge at Woodware USA this week was "Anything Goes" (love those!), and at Lexi's Creations it was Flowers. I love how this card turned out. I started with two designer patterned papers, one for the card base and one for the focal point. I taped down a floral mask and sprayed the lighter colored piece with a Smooch Spritz. After letting it dry (is that not the hardest part- waiting for something to dry when in the middle of creating something!), I cut apart and reassembled on a slightly large dark brown piece. Adding the large sparkly rose is the final step.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Nancy said...

What a gorgeous and simply elegant card!! I love your technique!! Thanks for joining us this week at Woodware USA!!

Paddington fan said...

Such a pretty card, lovely image and great flower! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our flower challenge, good luck, love Jacky x

jimlynn said...

Very elegant card! Just so lovely. Fabulous rose too.
Lynn

Harriet Skelly said...

Karen I love this card - I love the layout! Thanks for playing with us at WoodwareUSA!

Anonymous said...

Stunning card! I love the panels and the layout too ;o)
Thank You for joining us at Lexi's Creations and good luck in the draw too ;o))

Jane said...

I love this card, Karen. The colors and techniques. Will have to CAS when I return home.