Thursday, June 16, 2011

Aud Sentiments & Little Darlings Challenges and Exciting News!!

The challenge this week at Aud Sentiments is "Summertime" and at Little Darlings Challenge it is "Summer." I made a telescoping card with some fun summertime stamps and diecuts. A tutorial on how to make the telescoping card can be found here. It is not hard and makes a fun card. I started with some awesome stamps from Raisin Boat. I just love the chairs and the sand looks so real. I can image relaxing in that chair and looking out into the water.

The second panel has flip flops from Sizzix and a sun embossing folder from Crafts Too. The third panel has more fun summer diecuts from Sizzix. I typed the saying "Hope you're having a Flippin' Great Summer" on the computer and cut it out with a SU word punch. A ribbon on the top and some brads and the card is complete.

Now my exciting news! Our local JoAnn Fabric and Crafts Store (Wausau, Wisconsin) is totally remodeling and will be offering classes starting in July and guess who they hired to teach stamping and scrapbooking?!? Me! (and another friend who is a fantastic stamper too!) There is an open house to see the remodeled store and sign up for classes at HALF PRICE on July 9th from 1-3. I will be there with class samples and demoing as well. I will also be looking for suggestions on what you would like me to teach. If you can't make it in that day, be sure to call that day to sign up for the classes (regular price per corporate is $30, so half price will be $15. Same applies to other classes offered.) The number to call is 715-355-1007.

My first class is a Pop Up Card Class and is scheduled for July 28th from 6-8 pm and August 9th from 1-3 pm. I will probably be posting the actual cards being taught here, but I have to design them and get them over to JoAnns first.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

jimlynn said...

Adorable card! AND congrats on that teaching spot...so exciting.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on teaching classes at JoAnn. I wish I lived closer so that I could take them. Neat card today too. Smiles! Lisa Jenkins

Audrey said...

What a super fun project! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Unknown said...

This is so fun and fantastic Karen!! And so is your exciting news! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful creation i lovely colours! Great image and georgeous details! Thanks for joining our summer challenge at Little Darlings this time - hope to see you back at our next challenge!
Hugs, Lena K

Stampin Mindy said...

This is so clever. Love the images and colors.
Thanks so much for joining us at Little Darlings Challenges, I hope you join us next week!

Hugs, Mindy

Carolina said...

What a fun swing out card - love it! Thanks for joining the challenge over at Aud Sentiments.

Gem said...

a lovely card, thanks for joining in our Summertime challenge at AUD Sentiments! Gemma :)