Monday, June 27, 2011

Guest Designer for Shelly's Images


It is Marvelous Monday at Shelly's Images and guess who is the lucky Guest Designer this week? Me:) I got to play with this delightful Hummingbird image which is available for a special sale price today at their site. I am always amazed at the talent it takes to draw and create the wonderful digital images now available instantly for us to enjoy! Check out this and other beautiful images at Shelly's Images.

I really like a new technique with glitter that I learned at our local Stamp Shoppe but am disappointed that the photos of the cards do not show how sparkly the cards are in real life. It is much more glittery all over the white piece... I stamped the image on white paper and colored with my copics. Then you attach a stickly two sided sheet cut the same size as the cardstock, remove the sheet and add glitter all over the whole piece. I framed that piece with a SU tulip embossed red piece and attached to a card also framed with the SU tulip embossing. The front of the yellow card was folded down to create an easel card and a tulip brad holds up the front.

I am entering this card in the "Use a Digi" challenge at Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

I can see the sparkle really well so don't worry. Lovely card. Thanks for playing
Love Cynthia x

Newbie said...

Lovely card! I also can see the glitter! Looks really pretty! Would be very interested in learning more about the technique used! Video maybe???

June 27, 2011 6:05 PM