Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Paper Creations Ink Challenge and Announcement!

About two weeks ago, my friends Sara and Michael launched their new blog, Paper Creations Ink. This cool blog has challenges on the 1st and 15th of each month, but has so much more than that: check it out for tutorials, causes and community events too! I entered their first challenge and after that, they asked me to join the PCI design team. I am thrilled and honored to do so and will be sharing their great challenges and other fun events on my blog atleast twice a month!

The challenge for June 1st - June 14th is Ribbons and Lace. Our sponsor is The Stamping Boutique and you have a chance at winning 3 images of your choice!

I used the Marilyn Monroe digi from The Stamping Boutique to make my card. I printed her on white cardstock, paper pieced her little black dress and hair, did some sponging and coloring and added some gems for her earrings. The background was embossed and highlighted with a gel pen and of course I finished with some pretty lace ribbon.

So pull out your lace and/or ribbon and have some fun with this challenge. We would love to have your join us!

I am entering this card in the Lace challenge at Bunny Zoe's Crafts.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

dj1952 said...

Really great card. I like all of the embellishments you've added. Hugs, dj1952

Mina said...

shes fabulous Karen...very chic card...thanks for joining in with our Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx