Saturday, June 4, 2011

SAS4KIds Cats & Dogs for Kids Challenge

Our new challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids is Cats and Dogs for Kids. Our wonderful sponsor is Digi Doodles and one random winner is going to win a $10 gift certificate to their shop! The design team got to play with fun kitty digital stamps- be sure to check the blog or click on the links on the side for some more great cards! We even have a guest designer, Tammylee, who contributed an awesome card.

For my cat card I printed the kitty with butterflies and flowers onto patterned paper. I embossed the whole piece with a Sizzix embossing folder with a border and some flowers and rounded the edges. Then I paperpieced the cat and the butterflies. I folded a white card to make an easel card and also embossed the inside of the white card. I used a blue butterfly brad to hold up the front.

My dog card was made with some really cute stamps from Close to my Heart. I cut a circle card with the largest circle die I have leaving a bit at the top not cut. I cut circles out of navy blue cardstock, embossed with swiss dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug) and attached. I stamped the images in the middle and this CAS card for a child is done.

So pull out your cats and dogs and make a cute kids card and enter our challenge here. And remember to send your cards to SAS4Kids to cheer children who are inpatient in Childrens Hospitals. If you are local (central Wisconsin) you can bring them to The Stamp Shoppe in Weston or to the Stamp Show at the Patriot Center on June 18 where I have boxes.

I am entering the kitty with butterflies card in the challenge at Charisma Cardz for Something that Flies.

Stamping smiles 4 our kids, Karen
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Linda said...

These are adorable. I love the images.