Saturday, August 6, 2011

SAS4Kids Anything Goes (for Kids) Challenge!!

It's time for another fun challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids and this time we are challenging you to make any card, as long as it is for kids! That's right- Anything Goes as long as the card is appropriate for a child. We have two great sponsors: Cardmadfairy, whose prize is 5 digital stamps of the winner's choice; and Stamp Fairy and their prize is a $9 gift certificate to their online store. Please check out the blog for all the details on the challenge and to see the wonderful cards by our design team and a special guest designer as well.

As usual we received so many awesome digital stamps from our sponsors I couldn't stop at just one card:) The first card I made is a Double Twist Easel card that I learned how to make here. I love fun fold cards and was thrilled to find another new one to try. I printed out the butterfly and flower digital stamps from Cardmadfairy on white cardstock and also on dp and paper pieced them. I cut and scored the purple card according to the tutorial and attached the white squares. I punched the floral border (Martha Stewart) and attached it with mounting tape to raise. The sentiment was punched out and attached to complete the card.

The front folds down and looks like this.


My second card uses a really cute teddy with a flower digi from Stamp Fairy. I printed him on a white cardstock strip and paper pieced him (of course:) I created a base by embossing a blue piece with an orange strip with the Happy Birthday Cuttlebug folder and attaching that to a white card. I added some flowers and a blue glitter strip to complete the card.

I am entering the cards in the Anything Goes challenges at Kelley Kid's and Crafts and Me Challenges.

Stamping smiles 4 our kids, Karen
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bonna Kelley said...

These are beautiful. Love the colors and the embossing. Great job!
Thank you for joining us the Kelley Kid's Challenge Blog.
Best of Luck,
Bonna

kbrandy4 said...

2 Gorgeous cards Karen! Thanks for joining in our 1st Kelley Kids Challenge.

Hugs Hazel xx
KKDT

Melissa Czapor said...

Fab cards Karen!! Love the colors you used!! Blessings and hugs!!