Saturday, September 17, 2011

Halloween or Fall Cute for Kids Challenge at SAS4Kids

It's time for a new challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids and this time we are challenging you to make a cute Halloween or fall card for a child. No scary images please- just fun fall images for any child. We have three sponsors this time and three great prizes you could win! Crop Stop is giving the random winner a $15 gift certificate; Glitterbabe is giving a $10 gift certificate; and Doodle Pantry is giving a $15 gift certificate! Please visit our blog for all the details and to see the other special TEAM S.A.S. fall and Halloween cards and three super cards by a special guest design team member!

My first card features a fun new fold I learned here. It is called the Origami Diamond Fold. The front flap tucks in behind the diamond with the pumpin diecut (Sizzix.) I used my Martha Stewart goo punched border and some silly eye stickers to complete the front.





These two pictures show how the inside folds and then opens. The cute witch cat on the inside is from Glitterbabe and was paper pieced and colored with my copics.

My second card features some really fun digital stamps from Doodle Pantry. I started with a kraft card, added the black triangle and embossed the whole card with my Tim Holtz embossing folder. I printed the digital ant with candy corn and ghost on kraft paper and cut out the circle with my nesties. I paper pieced the images and layered on a scalloped circle after dotting the scallops with a thin black marker. I added the fun sentiment (also from Doodle Pantry) to complete the card.

I am entering these cards in the challenges at Kelley's Kids "For Someone Special" and Digital Tuesday "Celebrate the Season".

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Stef H said...

now that's simply fabulous!

heck! they're ALL fabulous!

hugs sweetie!

Amy Johnson said...

What fun Halloween cards! I love the unique fold of the first card, and the embossing on the second card. Thanks for playing the DTC this week!

Danni said...

Such fun cards!! Awesome job!