Friday, October 14, 2011

Penny's Paper-Crafty and Sweet Stamps Challenges


The challenge this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty is Apples and at Sweet Stamps it is Clean and Simple. I found some wonderful fall colored burlap at JoAnn's recently and think it adds great dimension on a card. I also used it to add dimension in a different way: I bought the No More Shims pad at my local Stamp Shoppe which is a thick rubber mat sold to be used with your Big Shot or Cuttlebug (marketed by Scor-Pal.) You can emboss with just about anything when you have this pad and in this case, I put a layer of burlap below the white cardstock and embossed, then rubbed some distress ink lightly to get the background you see. The apple image is a photograph on acetate tht I cut out with my nesties and layered on a scalloped circle and raised with mounting tape to attach.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

You did an awesome job with this card, and the warm red burlap is just the right touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog. You are a talented artist, and we are honored to have you join us. Please join in the fun again next week, and check out the fun images that our sponsor, Karen Johnson, has available. I just love the "Apple of my Eye" image I used on my inspiration card. It's just so cute and fun. You can check out her images by clicking on the link at Penny's blog. Good luck in the draw, and thanks again for joining us. Blessings to you!
Karen - Design Team Member for Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog
karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

papertrails leaver said...

This is lovely! I like your use of the burlap for this! Thanks for joining us at Penny's for our apple theme! :-) Amy

Courtney said...

Gorgeous card Karen! I love your use of the burlap and you have colored that image up perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Penny's for our "Apple" Challenge. Good Luck!!

Courtney~

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

What a great card! I love the burlap look and the wonderful fall colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's for our apple challenge!

♥ Rayna

~ Barb said...

This is so clever, what a great look the red burlap adds and the white 'burlap' is just genius!

Darlene said...

WOW ... what a great idea to use the burlap as a backdrop for your apple image! BRILLIANT!!


Thanks so much for joining our 'Apple Time' challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. I hope to see you again next challenge!

Darlene
MY BLOG