Thursday, May 2, 2013

Graduation Cards from Crackerbox Palace!



It's Crackerbox Palace Thursday and today I am sharing two graduation cards I made with Crackerbox Palace stamps. I have a niece and nephew who are graduating this year from high school and so have had fun designing some cards for them. Crackerbox Palace has tons of graduation and other special occasion stamps – check them out of their website here!
I liked the sentiment “Your future’s so bright, you have to wear shades” with the sunglasses and I think a teenager would too, so I used it on both of the cards I am showing today. My first card is in the shape of a graduation gown and hat that I learned how to make here. A tutorial for the tassle is here. Purple and gold are the school colors for one of my special graduates – I always try to make graduation cards in the school colors to really personalize them. I simply stamped and cut out the sentiment and sunglasses and attached them to the front. Here is a close up pix and also what the inside looks like. The pocket is perfect for holding a check or cash gift for the graduate.



My second card features the same sentiment, a sun with sunglasses wearing a graduation hat and a beautiful script Happy Graduation. I cut the front diagonally and added a strip of washi tape in school colors again.
The winner of last Thursday’s blog candy is                                                 Joy! Here is her winning comment from my blog: This is a cute card!!! My sister would love your sentiment!!
Joy, please email me or Crackerbox Palace your address and your choice of which stamps you want, so we can get you the stamps you have won.
I am entering these cards in the Anything Goes challenges at Through The Craftroom Door and Bearly-Mine. 

Crackerbox Palace smiles, Karen

6 comments:

BarbaraW said...

Two cool cards. Love the card folds.

Sandra said...

Great cards Karen!! Cute sentiment :-)
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
Hugs,Sandra

Leanne said...

Both beautiful cards with the perfect sentiments.

carol said...

ooh lovely cards, look fab ....thanks for sharing with us at BEARLY-MINE x carol

Pat Moore said...

Great grad cards. I love the sentiment.

Nela said...

Totally fabulous!
Thanks for joining us at this week at Bearly Mine Challenges!
Nela xx