Monday, June 3, 2013

Cards For Maddy


I am sharing another opportunity to help someone with our cards. I read about Maddy here at the Simon Says Stamp Blog. I remember sending a card to Maddy earlier in her fight with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Sadly she is fighting again with the disease and could use some cards in the mail to cheer her up. This is the card I sent to her yesterday. I thought it was bright and cheerful and fun and the message was a good one. I cased a card from Pinterest for the idea of the larger pinwheel background. To make it, you simply cut squares of patterned paper, cut in half and round the corner. Attach each piece opposite of it's matching one. I cut a small two sided pinwheel for the middle with a die from Stampin' Up and added a sentiment (Repeat Impressions) to complete the card.

Please click on the link or the picture on the side of my blog to read about Maddy and get the address where you can send your handmade card to her at St. Jude's Research Hospital.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Totally Papercrafts and Catch the Bug.

Stamping smiles for Maddy, Karen

4 comments:

Karen S. said...

Cute card!

Jackie said...

I think this is just so sweet! Fabulous job! Thank you for joining us this week at the Catch the Bug Challenge Blog! I hope you play along with us again soon!

Jackie, Bugaboo Stamps DT

Melissa Bove said...

Thank you so much for making a card for Maddy and for entering my giveaway, Karen! You are so sweet!

Love your adorable card and I know Maddy will too!!

hugs...
Melissa

Vicky Briggs said...

I really like your card that you made for Maddy. I am sure she will just love it, it is so cheerful.
Vicky Briggs