Sunday, June 23, 2013

Silhouette Sunday - Embossing with Silhouette Files


Summer is the theme at the Silhouette Blog Weekly Challenge this week and I think of flowers when I think of summer. I discovered recently that with the thick embossing pad No More Shims (from Scor-Pal) and any die cut or punched object, you can emboss on your cards! I was very excited to try this idea and this is the first card I made. The cutting file from Silhouette is a card shape with the flower on the side, so I cut the card with two sided paper. I cut an extra one just out of scrap piece of white card stock (see below.) I attached the flower to the back side of a lightly colored dp and ran it  through the Big Shot with the No More Shims embossing pad. Then I sponged with light blue distress ink to bring out the embossing. Just think of the possibilities available if we can emboss with any of our dies cut with our Silhouette or with traditional die cuts or punches!


My second card has an embossed background too, but it is hard to see in the picture because it was not sponged. Here is a close up and the chipboard cut out I used to create the background:


I used a cool background cutting file from Silhouette to create the background that is much more visible in real life. You can do this technique with any card stock or material, and for this one I tried the Silhouette brand chipboard. It is a little thicker than card stock and worked very well for the embossing. I also cut out the RAD with chipboard and with blue cardstock, so it was raised on the card. I added some washi tape and a sentiment from Technique Tuesday to complete the card.

I am entering these cards in the Anything Goes challenges at Sister Act and Stampin' for the Weekend.

Stamping and Silhouette smiles, Karen

2 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous, Karen! Love the embossing, especially with the flowers.

Jenn Bedient said...

Great card! Love the flowers and embossing. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stampin' for the Weekend. Hope you have a great day!

- Jenn DT
Crafted My Fancy