Friday, July 12, 2013

Mosaic Shapes and Sequins with Crackerbox Palace Stamps


It's Crackerbox Palace Friday today and I am sharing two different cards made with Crackerbox Palace stamps, sequins and a mosaic shape from Silhouette America. One of my favorite sentiment stamps from Crackerbox Palace is featured on my first card. Isn’t it just perfect for those of us who make and send cards we put our hearts into? I cut a frame (also from Silhouette America) with my Silhouette Portrait electronic cutting machine and then cut the mosaic shapes out of monochromatic shades of blue patterned paper from Stampin’ Up. I layered them in a fun pattern and added some sequins to complete the card.
For my second card, I created an embossing plate with the same mosaic shape cut out a little larger in chipboard. I embossed a red piece of Tim Holtz’s new Kraft-Core Shattered Core’dinations paper with the embossing plate and the No More Shims thick embossing pad, then sanded the embossed shapes a little. I love the Cool Beans stamp from Crackerbox Palace and I cut it apart for this fun CAS card. The black sequins were added for the final touch. Have you tried adding sequins to your cards? They are so cheap and are a great alternative to brads or candies. A mini-glue dot is perfect for attaching them.

I like how the cards turned out and hope you do too. Please visit the website to see these and many other awesome Crackerbox Palace stamps.
I am entering this card in the Monochrome challenge at Paper Pretties and the CAS challenge at Whimsical Designs.

Crackerbox Palace smiles, Karen




No comments: