Friday, March 28, 2014

Grand Re-opening of the Crackerbox Palace Website!

It’s Crackerbox Palace Friday and we are celebrating the Grand Re-opening of the Crackerbox Palace website!! Woo-hoo! If you follow my blog you know I am also celebrating a big birthday and spring and my own blog upgrade with a chance for you to win one of two prizes if you leave a comment and become a follower here before April 1st. Now we have another great reason to celebrate! One of the prizes you could win is a whole bunch of awesome Crackerbox Palace stamps! Vicky mentioned on Facebook that for a limited time there is free shipping on anything ordered from the new website, so head on over and check it out. You can get your stamps one of three ways- on wood, on cushion or plain rubber, so you can choose your favorite.

Today I am sharing a card I re-designed recently for a class I am teaching. I have shown the Vellum Dimension technique before, but with this card I added coloring the focal image after the dimension was added. This card is part of the Vellum Varieties class I taught last night, and my students just loved the soft pretty look of the completed card. We stamped CBP’s rose bouquet on vellum with Archival Black ink and let dry a few minutes. Using a stylus and a thick pad, we “colored” the roses from behind which stretches and whitens the vellum creating great dimension. Then we colored the roses with bright pink and green Copics again from the back. We framed the vellum image with a burgundy piece that was cut and embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. We rounded all the edges, layered on a black card and added some pearl pen accents to complete the card.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please visit the Crackerbox Palace website for these and hundreds of other great CBP stamps.
I am entering these cards in the Anything Goes challenge at Creative Moments and the No Designer Paper challenge at Crafting for all Seasons.

6 comments:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Such a striking card, love the colours you have used. Thank you for joining us over at Crafting For All Seasons, Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison xx

Cazzy said...

I'm so happy that the website is finally up and running! Your blog is very Star Trek, I like it!
Gorgeous card Karen.

Cazzy x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another beautiful card. Gorgeous in color and details!

Dawn said...

Goregeous card Karen, I love the embossing!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Crafting For All Seasons!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

alex said...

Beautiful elegant card,thank you for playing at Creative Moments, hope to see you again soon
{Creative Moments Owner}
Alex x

K8 said...

So lovely, love your choice of color!! Thank you for play with us at Creative Moments this time, hope to see you again!!! Hugs Kate DT