Saturday, June 28, 2014

Online Card Class Die Cut Card


Recently I won two classes at Online Card Classes and I finally had some time to pick out which ones I wanted and watch the videos and gather all the great ideas they shared. Every so often they have a new class that you can take live and participate in the forums and galleries and maybe win a prize. But all their classes are also available to take after the live session is done and you get all the great ideas in the videos and lessons and you can go as fast or slow as you wish. I chose Summer Card Camp 2 and A Cut Above. I am only half way through and already have picked up some great ideas and used several of them in this card. A while back I saw the Memory Box Mercer Rose Wreath die and thought it looked pretty and ordered it on line. When it came, I realized it is just a white blob and really needs the matching stamp from Memory Box and so of course, I had to get that too. Getting them to line up was very difficult and I put them in a box to try again later. In the die cut class, they demoed exactly how to cut and then line up the stamp using a Stamp-a-ma-jig and I was able to do it! Yeah! Then I actually pulled my Flower Soft box out- very sadly neglected- and used my red Flower Soft on the wreath. The card base is 8 x 8 1/2 and the white punched border (ek success) piece is on the inside of the card sticking out - another great idea from the classes. I die cut my favorite Memory Box butterfly out of a two sided tape sheet and applied two colors of glitter to the wings- another great idea from the class. I attached the butterfly with a glue dot and large gem. Then I cut the Lil' Inker "thanks" twice in white and red and glued them together with a little of the white layer showing.

I love all the elements of this card, but my favorite die is the Memory Box butterfly all sparkly in red and gold. The challenge at As You Like It is to use our favorite die and tell why- I just love butterflies and this one is perfect with or without the matching butterfly shape from Memory Box. I am also entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Crafty Girls.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I am loving this card Karen and I love all the tips and tricks you learn from your class! And that you shared some of them here today with us, very cool and sweet of you. I love the rose wreath too, but I love the butterfly a lot! Butterflies are so pretty and delicate. Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a stunning look and I am glad you ended your frustration and got a way to have someone show you the method of using your wreath and flower soft.

Mojca said...

Oh this looks really wonderful. Thank you for joinig us at As You Like It Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

Kim Heggins said...

Looks like you might get an A+ on this card, just beautiful.

Sharon Smith said...

Lovely card, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Girls xx