Monday, July 7, 2014

Hooray for SAS4Kids in Die Cut Crazy Magazine

The newest issue of Die Cut Crazy Magazine has just been released and I am thrilled to have two articles in  this issue, including one about my charitable blog, Send a Smile 4 Kids. Please visit the Die Cut Crazy blog  to find out how to get this awesome digital magazine with 80 pages of die cut ideas.

I created this card to show one that would be perfect for our kids of any age at SAS4Kids. I embossed the white background piece with a stencil from ColorBox and my No More Shims thick embossing pad, then sponged distress inks on the debossed side. I ripped three washi tape strips and attached a bike die cut (Memory Box) over them. I added the Hooray die cut from Penny Black and attached the whole piece to a black square card. Here is something else to say Hooray about - a great way to store washi tape I found on Pinterest:

19 rolls of decorative tape in one aluminum foil box! Hooray for great storage ideas!

I am entering this card in the die cut challenge at Virginia's View and the Anything Goes challenge at Sister Act.

2 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness...what a fabulous card! I love your bicycle, just about as cute as they come! And that Washi Tape storage box is simply genius...I love it and how cool to use the sharp edge to tear off each piece...so clever.

Virginia L. said...

Aw...Karen, this design is just delightful! I love your attentions to details on the colors,patterns, layering and use of dies! And let's not forget that pop of yellow! Love this happy and bright card! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View challenge!