Sunday, September 14, 2014

Scenery Card with Bister Powders

This is the second of many cards I will be sharing with you using a new product I discovered called Bisters. For links to the website they can be purchased, a gallery and video and another card I made, just click on this link or scroll down on my blog to yesterday's post.

This card was so easy to make, but I love the sunset sky easily created with Bisters and water. I simply heat embossed the lighthouse scenery stamp (from I Brake for Stamps) on a water color piece of cardstock. Then I sprinkled brown Bister powder on the bottom and reds, yellows and blues on the top. I spritzed with water and these colors appear. I let it dry, cut out with deckle scissors and layered onto a white card base.

The stamp and the Bisters are "never before used schtuff" because I just received them and this is the first card I made with this stamp and these colored Bisters, so I am entering this card in the 2nd NBUS challenge here. I am also entering it in the Anything Goes challenge at 613 Avenue Create.

5 comments:

Darnell said...

Oh, you do have me intrigued, Karen! So these must be competition for Brusho paints, then? Which would be awesome because competition is great for keeping prices low. I had Brushos on my wish list, but now I'm going to be checking out Bisters! Thank you very much for this news flash!! Your card couldn't be more sensational!! And thank you, too, for playing again in my NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

Verna Angerhofer said...

I really like this one Karen. Awesome skyline for that scene. I made a background earlier and plan to make a scene of some sort too. But love what you did so you are certainly an inspiration to me! This is a great masculine all occasion type of card I would think.

Brenda said...

These blister powders are so cool! I love how your scene turned out Karen. Hugs, Brenda

Chana Malkah said...

Hey, Karen! This is wonderful, thanks for sharing. We decided our FB followers would want to know about this cool new product, so we featured your blog on our Facebook page today. www.facebook.com/avenue613!

Hugz,
Chana, Owner
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

JD/ Jill said...

Looks like a really neat product...made some great texture on your card....Nicely done!