Thursday, January 22, 2015

Two Versions Same Card


I love the mostly white on white look on cards and played with some favorite diecuts and Brusho Crystal Colours on white watercolor paper to make this card. I sprinkled on some blue shades of Brusho Crystal Colours on the center of a piece of watercolor paper, then spritzed it with water to get the background blue on this card. I layered Penny Black's fern and Joy Crafts "Heartfelt sympathy" in white and then raised that piece over a white card base. But I wasn't sure if the words stood out enough, so I tried it again this way:

I am not sure which one I like the best? What do you think? I am going to teach this card to my monthly class group and let them decide which they prefer.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Inky Chicks and My Craft Creations.

11 comments:

Ellibelle said...

They are both beautiful! Love the watercolored background. I am kind of leaning towards the card with the white words, but it's a really hard decision.

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Loving the vibrant blues in the background.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Kathyk said...

Well I'm loving them both! AND brusho's!

Kathyk

Brenda said...

Both are beautiful card Karen! I love them done both ways. That background blue is gorgeous! Hugs, Brenda

Jacee said...

Such a pretty design Karen
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Fabiola said...

très élégant Karen, superbe, biz

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely cards Karen, and although the words stand out most in the black, I prefer the white words :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Anet's Crafting said...

Wow, Karen you card is gorgeous. Love the pretty background you created and the dies goes perfectly with that. Well done. Anet x

Louise said...

Great card Karen, I love the first one!

IThanks for the comment on my blog!

Gr.LOuise

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love them both but I do think I prefer the all white on the blue background.

ionabunny said...

I like the white sentiment. The black seems a bit loud and draws too much focus. The white is much more sensitive. Love the blue. So gorgeous. Hugz