Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Another Brusho Disaster Saved


One thing I love about B/Bor CB (Brusho/Bister or Color Burst) pieces of art is even if they seem to be a disaster, they can usually be saved or re-purposed and the result is still a lovely card. I had this idea a while back to stamp floral watercolor stamps with water and distress markers and then do a Brusho background around them. The flowers were overwhelmed by the Brusho background (see the purple flowers and greens?) So I overstamped the Penny Black flowers with black ink and I liked it much better. I cut the floral piece into tiles and attached them to a white cardbase. Then I die cut a pretty border (Dee's Distinctively) and added some pearls at each intersection. I ended up loving the result.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Scribble and Scrap and Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

10 comments:

Kathy S said...

I love this Karen - Had come to comment on your POTW, but this one really stuck out - gorgeous and very creative way to "fix" it.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Amazing save - came out great!

joy said...

Never would have thought this had started out as a disaster. I love it! Colors are gorgeous.

Donna said...

All your Brusho cards are beautiful! I have played with these yet. Have to play with my watercolors and Gelato's a bit before I buy something new, unless of course you keep posting such amazing cards!! So inspirational!

Lisa J said...

WOW! What an amazing result. This is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this fortnight. Lisa DT Scribble and Scrap Challenge

Maxine D said...

What a stunning card Karen - love your 'save' of the image and background! The diecut is the perfect foil.
Blessings
Maxine

Desire Fourie said...

Karen this is a wonderful creation with great attention to detail and perfect for our ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Lil Patch of Crafty Friends DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and love the save....great one!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Another fabulous creation Karen. I love this...Hugs, joann

ednamburgess said...

Turned out beautiful. Love it. Edna