Sunday, June 21, 2015

Playing with Yupo Paper and Color Burst and Brushos


As you can see, I have been having fun  playing with the mixed media look again. I saw a gorgeous piece created with BBCB on Yupo paper and I recently bought some, so I thought I would try to see what I could come up with. Here is a picture of of the two Yupo paper backgrounds I made:

To be honest, I was very disappointed in how they turned out. Nothing like the gorgeous piece that was posted to our BBCB Facebook page. I knew the Color Burst and Brusho mixed with silver Glimmer Mist would not soak into the coated Yupo paper, but was hoping it would stay in place long enough to create a cool looking background. But it did not- it flowed off the paper and pooled on the sides. I was able to create this card using part of the piece on the right hand side in this picture, but am still disappointed in the results of this experiment. I know I could use alcohol inks on Yupo paper, but was hoping to use BBCB with it, so any advice you can share about this paper with BBCB would be appreciated.

I mixed some purple Color Burst with Dreamweaver pearlescent embossing paste and then added some purple sand from Mudd Puddles to  give the paste even more texture. Then I applied the purple paste with a stencil knife through a stencil by TCW. While the paste was still wet, I sprinkled on some more purple sand and then let it dry. I applied purple ink through another TCW stencil, and punched a butterfly out of another purple Color Burst scrap. I die cut "Happy" three times and layered them together for great dimension. I stamped the "You are my" on a white scrap and slipped that under the "Happy". Both the Happy die and the sentiment are from a set by My Creative Time. I added some purple dots to complete the card.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Sister Act and Simply Papercraft.

4 comments:

Anja v K@@rten said...

I'm sorry that you are disappointed. And I don't know this Yupo paper.
The result at the end...Beautiful!!!
Creatieve groetjes, Anja

kiwimeskreations said...

Great end result, despite the trials to get there.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

I think they are great backgrounds. Practice may bring about results that please you more. I always think trying new things presents a learning curve to it.

Glittertastic said...

A great looking creation despite your disappointment - lovely colour mix. Thanks for joining us this week at Simply Papercrafts - Sharon (Glittertastic) DT member