Thursday, July 30, 2015

Playing with new DP



If you follow my blog, you know I do not incorporate designer paper in my cards very often. I like it and have a bunch, but rarely use it when making cards. I did order a sample pack of all the new dps at Stampin' Up and I decided to use them for a sketch challenge at my local stamp club. I cut strips of all the colors of the words dp in the new SU catalog and then cut a pop up flower out of some of the floral dp with a new die from Spellbinders I found at a rummage sale. I added some colored gems and "love" cut out with a die from Kaisercraft. The white background seemed too plain, so I sprinkled on a few gold splots with a small paintbrush and some Heidi Swapp gold spray.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Simon Says Stamp and Through the Craft Room Door.

5 comments:

Jacee said...

Gorgeous design, what a lovely idea
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great way to use the samples - this is such a fabulous card Karen
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Might get two comments. I like this card and the way you used the strips of designer paper. Great way to use leftovers too.

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen! super fun design, I luv the rainbow strips of paper and the gorgeous flower! I am so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Cara said...

Wow Karen - what a really fun card! Very cheerful!
Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Through The Craft Room Door.
Warm Regards, Cara
Through The Craft Room Door Owner
TTCRD Challenge Blog
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}