Monday, August 10, 2015

Happy Holidays Sparkly Napkin Card


I was recently reminded of an older technique where you can attach a pretty napkin to a card using cling wrap and an iron. Here is a video that explains the process very well. After I tried that on some cards, I found another video that taught how to apply glitter over a napkin background here.  On the second video, she used a two sided sticky sheet to hold down the napkin, but I have found that the cling wrap technique works just as well and is substantially cheaper to do. For the beautiful glittery sparkle on the card above, all I did was apply Versamark all over the napkin front, sprinkle with a heat and stick powder, melt with a heat gun, and sprinkle glitter all over it. I did have an issue with some of the glitter not sticking and making a mess which the recipient may not appreciate, so I tried spraying it with a fixative spray and that solved the problem. I attached a gold ribbon and the "Happy Holidays" sentiment die cut from Impression Obsession.

The card is really sparkly IRL! Here is a close up picture that might show that a bit better:


I am teaching this card to my class next month in my home. I am also entering it in the S challenge at Crazy Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge (S is for Sparkle!) and the Anything Goes challenge at 613 Avenue Create.

6 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

So pretty and what a way to give it sparkle!

Maxine D said...

What a gorgeous result Karen - beautifully sparkly, and the poinsettia is appropriate.
Blessings
Maxine

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful - I have done the napkin cards a LONG time ago - but not nearly as detail or pretty and sparkle as this one. Very very pretty.

Verna Angerhofer said...

It has been a long time since I did a napkin card. This is a beauty! Thanks for the reminder. I used to save special napkins when I went to parties and was careful not to use them first.

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create, good luck!!! Amy DT

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 241 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x