Friday, October 30, 2015

Deep Impressions Happy Birthday to You Card



It’s Crackerbox Palace Friday and today I am sharing a musical birthday card I made with Crackerbox Palace’s awesome stamps and a technique called Deep Impressions from the fabulous Fran Seiford of Stampendous. Vicky Briggs of CBP took me and a friend to the summer CHA in Chicago this year and it was there I first saw Fran demonstrate this technique. I was fascinated and immediately bought a bunch of awesome aged embossing enamels from Stampendous. Usually you start with a die cut out of chipboard, but one day it occurred to me that a simple stamped shape would work as well as a die cut shape. I stamped Crackerbox Palace’s guitar on chipboard twice and cut them out. I placed the chipboard guitars on a piece of teflon hot sheet (like the craft sheet by Ranger) on an electric griddle heated to 300 degrees. I sprinkled ultra thick clear embossing powder (available from Ranger and Stampendous) and let that melt. Then I sprinkled on Aged Gold embossing enamel (from Stampendous) and while that was molten, removed the guitars from the heat and stamped with Crackerbox Palace’s guitar stamp. This technique works best with die cuts or stamps that are not super detailed. I stamped CBP’s musical “Happy Birthday to You” with several shades of blue ink, and attached the card front to a blue card base. The beautifully textured guitars were attached with strong scor-tape.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Crafting from the Heart and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Such a fun birthday card. Loving the music theme.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

kiwimeskreations said...

What an amazing card Karen - the shaded blue inks and the wonderful guitar make a great teen/masculine card.
Blessings
Maxine
\

Lin said...

Such a unique card, Karen! I love the musical motif! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cool card design and I love those guitars!