Monday, November 16, 2015

Awesome Texture with Napkins and Embossing


Some friends and I were shopping at a local gift shop and found these gorgeous holiday napkins. Instead of wanting them for our holiday tables, we knew we were going to make cards with them:) A few months ago, we re-discovered an older technique for attaching napkins to cardstock for cardmaking.  Here is a link to a tutorial that explains how to do that.  The keys are to remove all layers of the napkin except the very top colored one, and use an iron to melt cling wrap to hold the napkin to the cardstock. After I did that, I embossed the piece with one of my favorite new deep embossing folders from WeR Memory Keepers called Quilted. Then I sponged on Fossilized Amber Distress Ink and the piece looks like it is deeply quilted with awesome texture. I layered the napkin bird piece onto black and then onto a card base made with Tim Holtz's Kraft Core Shattered Cardstock from Core'dinations.

I am entering this card in the Texture challenge at Virginia's View and the Red and Green challenge at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge.

2 comments:

Jacee said...

Wonderful design Karen
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another beautiful napkin card.