Friday, November 20, 2015

Crackerbox Palace Ornament Card


It's Crackerbox Palace Friday and today I am sharing a Christmas card and ornament I made with Crackerbox Palace stamps. I love this little kitty peaking out from under the Christmas holly and thought he would would look sweet as an ornament on a Christmas tree. I started with a square green card base and a slightly smaller square of red patterned cardstock. I cut a stitched circle in the center with a die from My Creative Time and attached that piece with pop dots. Here is a picture of the ornament that slips into the top of the card.


I stamped the sweet Christmas kitty on vellum and colored it from behind. I die cut another stitched circle and attached the vellum kitty. I added a paper bow and some gold cord to hang the ornament with. Then I added some Sugar Glitter Paste from BoBunny for sparkle on the red curved edge. I hate to waste any paper, so I used the round cut out from the front of the card to stamp a CBP holiday greeting on the inside.


I am entering this card in the Christmas challenges at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and at A Snowflake’s Promise.

5 comments:

Jacee said...

So lovely Karen
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Teresa Kline said...

happy weekend Karen! sweet ornament/card, fabulous idea...luv the sweet scene! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful idea Karen, and with the dual purpose, it is gorgeous!!
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Super cute and darling. Great way to add a gift with the card by including the ornament!

Kristine said...

oh this is sooo COOL!! :) Love the pull out - what a fabby "out of the box" card.