Saturday, November 7, 2015

Happy Holidays 4 Kids at Send a Smile 4 Kids


It’s Saturday and time for another fun challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids! This time our challenge is Happy Holidays 4 Kids! Create and link any holiday card appropriate for a child, and you could win one of our great prizes.

We have three very generous sponsors for this challenge: DeeDee’s Digis is giving their winner a $15 gift certificate!  A Day for Daisies is giving their randomly picked winner a $12 gift certificate!  And Doodle Pantry’s winner gets a $10 gift certificate! TEAM S.A.S will also be choosing their favorite cards for our top three and the winners will receive a blog badge and an opportunity to be a guest design team member on a future challenge.

My first card above features Doodle Pantry's cute Holiday Ants. I printed the colored digital image of them stealing Santa's cookies and attached to a red crackle cardstock piece. Then I printed the words and cut out with a stitched circle die from My Creative Time, then attached the semi-circles under the red piece. Those were attached to a kraft card base and I added some green candy gems for fun.



My second card features the sweet Teddy from A Day for Daisies. I printed him on a white cardstock scrap and paper pieced him and his stocking. I embossed a white front piece and attached him with pop dots and a gold cord under some reindeer washi tape. The sentiment is from Verve.

I am entering these cards in the "Share Handmade Kindness Campaign" challenge  because I am sharing these cards with my kids at the two Wisconsin children's hospitals I serve delivering handmade cards to for the children who are inpatient there. I am also entering the first card in the Anything Goes challenge at Doodle Pantry.

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

What is it the kids say? ROTFL--roll on the floor laughing. I will chuckle all day over that ant's cookies card. So cute. Some kid will love that.

Joanna M. said...

Sooo cute! I love seeing Doodle Pantry images used on cards. Thanks for sharing this fun card with us on the AIMP challenge. Good luck!
~Jo, DP-DT

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun and fabulous card your ANT one is Karen - it's a classic!! :-)
The second one is gorgeous.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Two fantastic cards. Love the ants one. That made me giggle!