Sunday, November 1, 2015

Peace Deep Impressions Card



My favorite newer technique is the Deep Impressions technique from the fabulous Fran Seiford of Stampendous. I first saw her demonstrate this at the summer CHA in Chicago and since then have created many deeply embossed pieces for my cards. For this card I am teaching to my local stamp club next month, I started with a Sizzix die cut ornament cut out of chipboard. I placed the chipboard ornament on a piece of teflon hot sheet (like the craft sheet by Ranger) on an electric griddle heated to 300 degrees. I sprinkled ultra thick clear embossing powder (available from Ranger and Stampendous) and let that melt. Then I sprinkled on Seasonings embossing enamel (from Stampendous) and a red glitter embossing powder (from Stampamania) and while that was molten, removed the ornament from the heat and stamped with an older words background stamp. This technique works beautifully with die cuts or stamps that are not super detailed like this ornament from Sizzix. Here is a picture of the deeply textured ornament: 

I embossed the white card base with an embossing folder from Darice and added a "peace" wish from Ellen Hutson. The ornament is hung on a piece of thin washi tape.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and the Embossing with Dies challenge at Scrapy Land ( I used a Sizzix die.)

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful piece of work on the ornament Karen - I love what you are doing with this technique - just wish I could join your classes :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Very pretty and I love the deep embossed ornament.

Teresa Kline said...

hi Karen! so pretty, luv the ornament and embossed background! I am thrilled you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Beautiful card !
Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland Challenges Blog and Good Luck
Maryvonne Guest Designer DTScrapyland Challenges