Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Sing It! A Musical Notes Die-Versions Card



Happy Tuesday! It's my turn to post a card on Die-Version's blog and mine. Today I am sharing a musical shaker card featuring the Musical Notes boy and Harmony notes dies from Die-Versions. My grandson plays violin so I knew I just had to get this sweet musical boy die, and the notes are perfect accents for any musical card. I cut the notes in white and also in navy blue for inside the shaker with the beads.

I started this card by cutting a circle hole just the right size for a Shake It Card Pouch by Impression Obsession. I love to make shaker cards and these plastic shapes from IO make them super easy. I embossed a blue card front with a musical embossing folder from Darice. I die cut the Musical Boy and the notes from white cardstock scraps and also cut some navy blue musical notes. I stamped the fun sentiment from Technique Junkies in blue ink on the white card base where it would show through the shaker circle. I dumped a bunch of beads and some musical notes in the Shake It plastic circle and finished putting the card together.

Here is a close-up of the shaker elements all shook up: 




**Remember you can get a 15% discount on any of Die-Versions great dies by simply using my discount code karen15 when you check out at the Die-Versions website.**

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes Challenges at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and Lil’ Patch of Crafty Friends.

7 comments:

Liz said...

Brilliant card, especially for a violinist. I love the Musical Boy die. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a sweet card - love that you have added musical symbols and notes to the shaker
Blessings
Maxine

Darnell said...

I think that's the first musical shaker card I've seen and I love it, Karen! Our son used to play the violin when he was very young, just like your grandson, so this brought back those memories for me!! Hugs, Darnell

Caryn said...

A wonderful shaker card for a music lover - fabulous idea.
Thanks for playing along at Simon Sys Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautifully done shaker card. And, love it in a music theme.

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Adorable card Karen! Love the shaker card with notes idea. Great die cuts.

Thanks so much for joining our Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. We hope to see you again for the next challenge. Good luck in the challenge. Hugs, Gloria DT

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Aurelia Aurora said...

Such a fun shaker card.. Thank you for joining our 21st challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge blog.. Hope to see you again on our next challenges.. And good luck at the draw.. ;)

hugs,
~RoRa