Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thanks with Brushos and Cling Wrap


It's been a while since I posted a card using the crinkled cling wrap on glossy paper with Brushos technique. I needed a thank you note and remembered I had not blogged this one yet. I started with a top folding kraft card. I crinkled cling wrap on a glossy piece with green Brushos spritzed with water. After waiting just a short time, this wonderful background was the result. I die cut Penny Black's fern twice (cream and dark green) and layered them slightly offset, Then I die cut and attached "thanks" from My Creative Time.

I am entering this card in the Thanks/Thanksgiving challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  and the Anything Goes challenges at Papertake Weekly and Scrapy Land. (used Penny Black die.)

8 comments:

Nancy Hill said...

What a great technique. Love the green background with the ferns. Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #29 and can't wait to see your next card with us again. Nancy Hill, Guest Designer

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Karen - stunning background and love the offset die cuts
Blessings
Maxine

Lin said...

What a lovely design, Karen, so unique! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Lori Kobular said...

I love the beautiful background that you created on your card! That fern die is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #29!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So pretty and love the green colors on it.

Sherry said...

beautiful card!! do you have a tutorial for the background and can you do it with ink refills?

Karen Hasheck said...

Sherry- I am going to reply here because when I hit reply on your comment it is going nowhere.. so I hope you check back or can see this. I learned how to do this from the brilliant Eileen who has a video tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoDfsnzKys8

You could try it with ink refills or alcohol inks on glossy paper or not. I have not tried that because I love my Brushos/Bisters/Color Burst which you can tell from how many cards I post with them:)

Heather said...

Hi Karen, a gorgeous card with a beautiful background with the crinkled clingfilm and brushos. Your dies are fabulous!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.