Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Baby Girl Love Card


I have been playing with some new dies for a couple challenges I wanted to enter. I was inspired by this photo at Die-Namites to create a love card using their dies:

Here is the sweet die I wanted to feature on this card:

I started by creating a heart stencil out of acetate with a Nestabilities heart die. I attached the heart stencil down with temporary tape over a square card base. Then I attached another stencil from TCW over the heart opening and sponged the double stenciled heart with Fired Brick Red Distress Ink. I also used Distress Ink (Pickled Raspberry) to color the seam binding bow. I cut apart the "Baby's Love die to feature the Momma and baby giraffe and some of the floral curls on the card front. I added some Tonic Nuvo Crystal Drops to the eyes and flowers.

I am entering this card in the "Tie One On" challenge at Scrapy Land and the February challenge at Die-Namites.

4 comments:

ParkNSlide said...

An adorable die and your color palette is perfect for a baby girl. I also like how you used pieces of the die to create your card.

Fikreta said...

great card
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<
Fiki ❤

kiwimeskreations said...

Very pretty Karen - love your innovative use of the baby animal die.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Darling baby girl card.