Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Happy Birthday Shaker Card

I have so much fun creating shaker cards using some of the awesome new dies available all over the place right now. I bought the new Happy Birthday card cover die from Poppy Stamps knowing my first card using it would be a shaker. I die cut it out of a larger blue card front and attached acetate on the back side. I added some fun birthday balloon brads in each corner, then flipped the piece. After attaching two layers of thin mounting tape all around the word openings, I dumped in a bunch of beads and birthday confetti, then removed the mounting tape covers. I find the easiest way to complete a shaker card is to place it in the upper right corner of a scoring board, then attach the card base (the same size as the shaker front) by lining both layers up in that upper right corner and pressing down. Here is another look with the shakers all shook up: 



I am entering this card in the birthday challenge at Dies R Us.

4 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

How fun and fabulous is this little glitter bomb?! Totally fun and UBER fabulous, to answer my own question. :)

Sherri said...

What a fun way to wish someone happy birthday! LOVE shaker cards! Thanks for joining us for the "Birthday" challenge at Dies R Us! Best of luck!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun shaker card Karen - love the colours you have in sequin mix, they look wonderful behind the blue.
Blessings
MAxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Now that is clever. I would never have thought of making that into a shaker but it looks great.