Sunday, May 1, 2016

Tonic Studios Beautiful Day Circle Easel Card


It's my turn to post a project on Blog Tonic USA and here, and I am sharing a circle easel card I made with some of the new Sew Pretty dies from Tonic Studios. The dies in this range have pinholes that create a delicate and lovely look whether they are used for real or faux stitching or just left as die cut. I cut a large circle easel card out of pink cardstock (folding the front in half down.) I cut a black circle the same size as the card base and die cut three rows of pinhole circles using the Pinhole Circle Layering Set. I die cut all the pieces of the “Have a Beautiful Day Circle Frame Set” out of pink cardstock and attached with Tonic Funky Glue. I drew faux stitching on one of the circles with a thin black marker, and added Nuvo Ebony Black Crystal Drops to the center of the flowers. The black circle front is attached to the bottom only of the folded pink front.  The easel front of the circle card is held up by a black strip decorated with the smallest die from the Filigree Flourish Die Set. I attached the strip with pop dots to raise it and added some Ebony Black Crystal Drops to these flowers too.  I find I use Nuvo Crystal Drops on almost every card I make. I love how they are self-leveling and add a perfect finishing touch to any craft project.

The card lays flat to mail as shown here:

Tonic Studios and Nuvo Products Used:  Have a Beautiful Day Frame and Pinhole Circle Layering Set Dies from the Sew Pretty Range, smallest die from the Filigree Flourish Die Set, Tonic Tangerine Die Machine, Nuvo Ebony Black Crystal Drops, Tonic Funky Glue Pen, Tonic Advantage V Blade Trimmer;  Other: pop dots, thin black marker

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  and the Celebrations with Dies challenge at Time Out Challenges.

5 comments:

sandie said...

such a fabulous design and the perfect colour scheme. Thanks for joining Time Out

Gayatri said...

Absolutely pretty! Great contrast, texture and detail.Love it! Thanks for joining in Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge!
Gayatri xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and love the colors. Great dies too!

Shery Russ said...

Bold, striking card, Karen! Thanks for linking up this beauty at TO :o)

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous combination of delicate, dainty dies with a brilliant, striking colour combo, Karen ... such great impact! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)