Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Getting Inky with NBUS


In between cutting for all my upcoming classes, I stole a day to play with some of my Never Before Used Schtuff. I have been wanting to try Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals which are another watercolor powder, but they are sparkly when activated. I won a gift certificate at Simon Says Stamp and I chose a pastel set to play with. I spritzed a square piece of watercolor paper with a little water, and then sprinkled on a little of each color, then spritzed again with water. IRL there is a sparkle mixed in with the fun rainbow of colors. I die cut a Bellina Butterfly Ribbon from Poppystamps and the large Happy Birthday by Elizabeth Crafts to complete the CAS card.

I am entering this card in the Get Inky challenge at Craft Stamper Magazine and the "large sentiments" challenge at Live Love Cards.

**Remember there are a few more days yet to bid on my projects here in this blogpost to raise money to fight breast cancer! And even if you don't win the projects with the highest bid (with 100% of the winning bid going to the Susan G, Komen Foundation), your name will be entered in a drawing for a Tonic Studios goodie package valued at over $60! Click on the link to get all the details. And thanks for helping us Stamp Out Cancer!** 

10 comments:

Barb said...

It's a very pretty card Karen and what a lovely background. The white die cuts look a perfect match. Barbxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous!!! These colours make me blow up!

designbydonna said...

Gorgeous. Love the colors in the background. When I clicked on the image for a close up I could really see the sparkle. White makes a nice pop.

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

oh love the background hun xx

Carol Mac said...

Wow, Karen, love this card! The colors are bright and cheery! Good job!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the background with those fun colors. Makes for a very cheery birthday card.

Unknown said...

Love this card. Going to have to CAS it.

kiwimeskreations said...

Thank you for saying how you used the magicals Karen - I have a set and have not had much joy with them - I will try your technique. Your card is beautiful
Blessings
Maxine

Linda said...

Fabulous card .... love the background. Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

shirley-bee said...

Love the burst of colours! Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper :)