Monday, January 16, 2017

Spring Rose with Metallic Tissue Background


Are you ready for some pretty Spring inspiration? I am sooo tired of all the snow and bitter cold! It's my turn to post a card on Die-Version's blog and mine, and I am sharing a card I made with the beautiful new Rose and Leaves die. This lovely die is just one of many fantastic new dies just released by Die-Versions. I die cut the rose and leaves out of dark pink, light pink and green cardstock. I wanted to keep all the pieces together to be able to easily paper piece them so I put a piece of Glad  Press and Seal under the cardstock when I cut the three colors. The Press and Seal kept all the pieces together right where they belonged as the rose was assembled. I die cut the rose shape out of  the front of a piece of tissue paper I had colored with Brusho Coloured Crystals and embossed with gold embossing powder. Here is a link to the Metallic Tissue tutorial I did on my blog. This background is flatter than the others I did because I ran it through my Tangerine die cutting machine to die cut the rose shape. Then I inlaid the rose outline, inside petals and green leaves.  

4 comments:

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous background for the lovely pretty flower! xxx

Nora N. said...

Oh wow!! That background is incredible!! What a cool look!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great colors on the background and love the flower.

Maxine D said...

Another beautiful card Karen, and thanks so much for your tip about using the Glad press and seal to keep your die cuts together!
Blessings
Maxine