Thursday, August 10, 2017

Butterfly Encouragement Card


I haven't played with my Brusho Coloured Crystals in a very long time and finally had a chance recently to create this card with a Brusho background and a new set of butterfly stamps and dies from Hampton Arts. I sprinkled several colors of Brushos on a piece of watercolor paper and spritzed them with Tattered Angels gold spray to activate the colors and leave a touch of sparkle. When the piece was dry, I embossed it with a new 3D embossing folder from Stampin' Up. Then I cut it into inchies and attached them to a blue piece of cardstock. (This is the sketch we were challenged to use for my monthly card club.) I stamped the butterfly on a piece of watercolor dp and cut it out with the matching die. The beautiful sentiment is from the same set from Hampton Arts. I added some jewels and Nuvo Shocking Pink Glow Drops to the butterfly and popped her up on pop dots to attach.



The first piece of Brusho beauty I tried to emboss ended up de-bossed because I put it in the embossing folder wrong. But I decided it was still pretty and put it in the inside of this card along with a stitched sentiment piece cut with a die from Lil' Inker. 

Thanks for helping me #spread the joy of creativity!

4 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Ooooo those brushos create some DRAMA, don't they? I love how you used the negative impression for your embossing folder on the inside of the card to mirror what you've got going on on the outside. So clever!

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!! I love the background you created with the Brushos!! I have never used them but they look so cool!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Karen - love your background pieces - I must get my brushos out again
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and I love the colors and embossed design.