Thursday, September 21, 2017

Watercolor Powder Comparison- Lindy's Magicals and Color Burst


All week long here on my blog I am sharing the cards I made with all my watercolor powders for the Watercolor Comparison video with LOTs of sample cards (and a card from start to finish with Brushos and a touch of sparkle from embossing powder.) Please click on the link to watch the video- I appreciate your support there.

One of my favorites of the watercolor powders I own is the Magicals from Lindy's Stamp Gang because they have a beautiful sparkle built right into them. I used fall colors of reds, oranges and yellows of the Magicals to create this background, then embossed the dried piece with a Sizzix embossing folder called Bohemian Lace. Then I simply added the beautiful "Thinking of You" from Quietfire Designs for a CAS lovely card.


I was in the mood for fall colors so for this card I used Ken Oliver's Color Burst in reds and oranges with some silver embossing powder, then die cut the gorgeous Maple Vine Frame from Tutti Designs. I layered it on a dark brown cardbase and added a colorful Thankful (die from Penny Black.)

I am entering the second card in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and also from clicking on over to check out the new video, leave a comment, give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel if you have not already done so. And thanks for helping me #share the joy of creativity!

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving these Karen - I must have another try with my magicals - I have made a card using Brushos and silver embossing and it came out really well - I will be blogging it in a week or so... I will let you know when it is up.
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda in IN said...

Thanks for sharing the video. I love the Magicals with their sparkle.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful cards with those powders.

Fikreta said...

very beautiful cards!