Friday, November 24, 2017

CASING Karen Burniston's Gingerbread Tag Book Pop Up


If you follow me here and on my YouTube channel, you know I am a huge fan of Karen Burniston's pop up dies. I recently received all the new dies in her fall release and the 1023 Tag Book Pop-up was used to make this card. I CASED a card that Karen made in a video here where she created cookie sheets out of silver mirror card and made gingerbread cookies out of some of the Winter Charms in another set she designed. Brilliant, right? This die set is also brilliant! Here is a picture of the tag book card from the front:

 I decorated mine with mittens and snowflake punches and a small "Warm Wishes" tag cut out with a die from another KB set. The paper clip was cut with a die from the Tag Book Pop Up set. That blows me away- a paper clip created with a die! The tag book opens up and the inside pops up as show in the first picture. Here are some closeups of both sides of the pop up tag book inside:



It is hard to photo silver mirror card, but the gingerbread cookies are on "cookie sheets" created with dies from this set. I cut the cookies out with Karen's Winter Charms set out of kraft cardstock, decorated them with Nuvo products and sponged brown ink on them so they look baked. I also sponged brown ink on the tag I created with the "And Gingerbread Kisses" wish. I added another paper clip and some chains to the inside of the card, and I finished the tag book card with some red gingham ribbon. 

Thanks for helping me #share the joy of creativity!

5 comments:

Craftychris said...

Love this! It's absolutely fabulous! xxx

Fikreta said...

so wonderful card!

JD/ Jill said...

So very nicely done!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another wonderful fun card design.

Celeste Goff said...

Love this adorably sweet card Karen!!!