Tuesday, November 21, 2017

More Embossed Quietfire Design Cards from My Newest YouTube Video

I admit I neglect my embossing folders, but still love the look when I remember to pull them out. I am sharing two more cards I made with embossing folders and the Love, Peace and Joy Ornament dies from Quietfire Design and Elizabeth Crafts. I show both of these cards in my new YouTube video that shares different ways to combine embossing folder techniques with dies for beautiful cards. 

The card above shows a simple faux inlaid technique. I simply glued the love and ornament down on a white card front and embossed the whole thing in a Cuttlebug holiday words embossing folder. Here is a peak at the inside of this card where I used Joy from the same Quietfire Design die set and another die from Memory Box:



On my second card I embossed both the front and the inside with a Darice snowflake embossing folder that leaves the middle of the card for decorating and writing a message. I hung an ornament cut out of red mirror card from Tonic Studios on a branch cut out with a Tim Holtz die. The "Joy" in the center was cut out of dark green and red and offset just a bit when glued. On the inside, I used the center of the front red mirror card ornament inside another dark green ornament and added "peace" in the center. 

The first time I saw this beautiful Love, Peace and Joy Ornament Die Set by Quietfire Design for Elizabeth Crafts, I knew I had to own it and design with it. The words are my favorite holiday words and Suzanne Cannon's calligraphy is just gorgeous. To see all three cards and watch me make one from start to finish, watch my newest YouTube video here. 

I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land. And thanks for helping me #share the joy of creativity!

3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful with the embossing folders. I so love the look they give and I often forget to pull mine out as well.

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful Christmas card Karen! I love the embossing folder, but that ornament is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Marlon said...

embossing good, but maybe you might consider using gold as emboss..

Mesothelioma
Lawyer USA
Alien gadget
Lets Invest
Free Education Online
Investmen pension loan
Invest mortgage loan
Apple pine apple apple pie
Good Lawyer