Tuesday, November 28, 2017

More YouTube Collaboration Impressions of Tarnished Foil Technique Cards


I was having so much fun playing again with the Impressions of Tarnished Foil Technique for my YouTube collaboration with Melissa Kerman that went live yesterday here, that I made several more cards I am sharing today. Every card made with this technique is unique depending on which embossing folders, StazOn inks and embossing powders used. Here is a link to Melissa Kerman's tutorial YouTube video where she shows how to make the card on the left in this picture: 


The card I make in mine is on the right. For my "Giving Thanks" autumn card above, I started with a Darice Leaves embossing folder. I used green, orange and brown StazOn inks on the aluminum foil, and then added red, gold and green embossing powders. The technique is a combination of dry embossing with embossing folders and heated embossing with embossing powders and a heat gun.  The leaf was a happy salvaged mistake. I was trying to run a foiled leaf through the laminator and it got stuck and wrinkled. But I liked the look and layered it on this card and finished the card with a "Giving Thanks" die from Papertrey Ink. 

Here is another card I made while preparing for this video:


I used similar colors of StazOn and embossing powders and the same embossing folder as the card I show in the video tutorial. On this one, I added a snowman cut with Penny Black's Snowman Joy die, "joy" from Tim Holtz and a snowbank cut with a die from Karen Burniston.

I hope you will check out Melissa's YouTube video here and my YouTube video here and share your comments and consider subscribing to both channels. Thanks for helping me #share the joy of creativity!

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning cards Karen - I love the results you get with that technique.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome card designs. If I catch up here I might have to try this sometime.

Brenda in IN said...

Oh how beautiful. I love that copper leaf and the background you made.

changedbyHim said...

You have done it again. Ideas for blue inks and winter cards. Thanks for sharing.