Friday, December 22, 2017

CASED Stencil Christmas Cards


I found a card on Pinterest that I just loved and clicked over to the blog and found the original which was a couple years old here. As you can see if you click the link, I CASED the idea but of course used my own stamps and a red cardbase. I loved Ingrid's so much I had to go to Stamplorations and order the same stencil she used (Artplorations Christmas Trees stencil.) I followed her directions and stamped a background musical joy stamp from Hero Arts through the stencil, then sponged with Lucky Clover and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide inks before removing the stencil. I added a Gina K Merry Christmas to the bottom of the card front. 

The stencil from Stamplorations also has a Christmas tree made out of circles so I stamped and sponged through that one too. Both cards have the same stamped inside- a pretty ornament from the Gina K set and a perfect sentiment from Verve and here are pictures of the other card front and the inside of the cards:



Since it is the most wonderful time of the year, I am wishing you and yours Happy Holidays and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

5 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome cards! Really love the script on the stenciled parts! Have to try to remember that for future use... Happy Holidays to you Karen!

Fikreta said...

its very nice card!
Merry Christmas !🎄🎅⛄

hugs , Fiki

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your stenciled tree designs are gorgeous! Love the music stamping too.

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Karen - I love that tree shape, and the stamped sponging is so very effective.
Christmas blessings to you and yours
Maxine

Celeste Goff said...

Oh wow Karen, this card is just gorgeous!