Thursday, February 22, 2018

"Shake It! You Know You Wanna" with Doodles Paper Playground Sparkle Blends and Therm O Web


Today I am honored to be a Doodles Paper Playground Guest Designer Diva on their blog and here on mine. I love making shaker cards and the new sequin mixes released this month and available here at White Rose Crafts LLC totally inspired me! Take a look at the Ocean View Sparkle Blend I used in this shaker card: 



Here is the description of this Ocean View blend:

“I don’t know about you, but I love a pretty water themed card or layout & we wanted to create a blend that evokes those ever changing colors. This vivid combination of cup sequins, round confetti, faceted crystals and micro beads in cobalt, aqua, teal and just a touch of light blue was just the look we were going for. We added a sprinkling of dolphin shaped confetti in a variety of colors to complete the effect.”

I am saving the cute dolphins for water themed card I will make later. I went with monochromatic blues and punny “shake it” – you know you wanna” stamps from Sudio Calico for this shaker card. I am also using a brand new product from Therm O Web called Clear Designer Toner Sheets which are acetate sheets with patterns of toner on them that can be run through a hot laminator with any foil you choose so our shaker acetate fronts have a pretty pattern on them. I ran the Doodles Deco Foil Clear Designer Toner Sheet through my hot laminator with a piece of Brilliant Blue Fancy Foil, then die cut the clear acetate shaker front. I laid the leftover foil on a Deco Foil Toner Sheet and ran it through the laminator again, then cut the stitched circles using a die set from Lil’ Inker. To see these patterned acetate sheets and these techniques in action, check out my video here.


Here is a picture of the sequin mix “all shook up”. I created a well with two layers of mounting tape, dumped in the Ocean View sequin mix and sealed it with a white circle on which I stamped “shake it”. I continued the theme on the inside of the card with more acetate circles and a celebration sentiment from Gina K Designs: 


I had fun designing this shaker card and encourage you to check out the many Doodle Paper Playground  Sparkle Blends available exclusively at White Rose Crafts LLC. Shake it- you know you wanna!

**Great news! For all of you who would like the try the new Doodles Paper Playground Sparkle Blend sequin mixes AND anything else that is sold at White Rose Crafts LLC in the month of February, the owner there is offering a 15% discount code off everything! The code is: EY4JVU Doodles Discount and it expires February 28th. I have already placed my order there and I know the store is full of great dies, stamps, stencils and sequin mixes, so click the link here and start saving!**

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a fun shaker card and sentiment. Love the colors too!

Celeste Goff said...

Another amazing shaker card Karen!