Pages

▼

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Hello Spring Fling Shaped Shaker Cards



One of my favorites of the Sparkle Blend sequin mixes from Doodles Paper Playground is called Spring Fling and is a delightful mix of spring colors and butterflies and flowers. I was inspired by that mix to make these two hello spring shaker cards. I recently found Jillibean shaker cardbases and plastic pouches here at White Rose Crafts and I purchased the flowers and butterflies. I colored the card bases with Nuvo Shimmer Powders (sprinkle on and spritz with water to release the colors) and when they were dry, I embossed with embossing folders from Darice and WeR Memory Keepers. I added the Spring Fling Sparkle Blend sequins in the PVC card shaker shapes and sealed the card base. I layered the finished shaker pieces onto a purple card base and added a hello die cut (from Paper Smooches and Little B.) Here are a couple more pictures showing the shakers all shook up:



The perfect finishing touch to any card is a few shaped and colorful sequins and I added some to both cards from the Spring Fling Sparkle Blend mix. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the embossing combined with those gorgeous inked backgrounds Karen! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to add some limitations and moderation to commenting due to the huge volume of anonymous and spam comments. I am sorry if this means your legitimate wonderful comments are harder to make. I will publish the legitimate comments as soon as I can.