Pages

▼

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Crop Stop and Through the Craftroom Door Challenges


Embossing is the theme at Crop Stop's National Scrapbook Day Challenge and Anything Goes at Through the Craftroom Door.  I use embossing folders all the time and this card has even more embossing than usual. The yellow paper I made the card with was embossed when I bought it, and the wheels of the baby carriage were cut and embossed with a Spellbinders die. I had seen a similar baby carriage on Pinterest and had fun making one of my own. The handle of the carriage is a flourish die and the bow is a Silhouette die. Of course the whole carriage itself started out as a large scalloped nesties die and I embossed it with my first and still all time favorite embossing folder, Swiss Dots by Cuttlebug. The white ruffles are a Martha Stewart border punch. I made this card for a class member who was expecting and we had a "card shower" for her at the last class meeting in my home. Unfortunately she was too busy to make it- she was delivering her baby 6 weeks early!  She and the baby are doing fine and she has now received her bag of cards from all of us.

Stamping smiles, Karen

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Thanks for joining our CropStop NSD Greatest Impression Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute and I love that bow!!! Great card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a soon-to-be grandma, I especially love this card! Thanks for posting, Karen - I'm heading to my stamping room right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Thanks for joining TTCRD for this week's challenge. I hope you will join us again. ~DT Candy

    ReplyDelete

I have had to add some limitations and moderation to commenting due to the huge volume of anonymous and spam comments. I am sorry if this means your legitimate wonderful comments are harder to make. I will publish the legitimate comments as soon as I can.