Saturday, January 15, 2011

Crafty Cardmakers #37 and Cupcake Crafts #124 Challenges


The challenge this week at Crafty Cardmakers was to use red and a diecut and at Cupcake Craft it was to try something new. The awesome cardinal stamp from Prickley Pear comes with a diecut to cut it out. And just about everything about this card is new: the stamps (including the sentiment from AMuse and the musical background from Prickley Pear); the border punch from ek success and the Funky Fold layout of the card. I had never tried this type of card before, but saw a card on line that directed me to a video here. I love different and unique folds and this one was fun and easy to do. I even adjusted the sizes for an A2 card and will post that card on another day.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Arts by Sara said...

What a beautiful card! I just love the foldy cards! You did a great job! Happy Creating! Sara

fionalawlor said...

Fab card! I especially love the sentiment, so sweet :o)
Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Cardmakers.
Fiona x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Karen, what a beautiful and elegant card. The unusual fold is stunning and I love the muted colours. Thanks for joining in with my “something new” challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Anonymous said...

Brilliant card. And what a great idea, stamp with matching die cut! Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Amy said...

This is just awesome. I love the folds on that card. Great job. Thanks for joining the fun at Prickley Pear!!