Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Create with Connie and Mary and Paper Players #29 Challenges

I used the great sketch from Create with Connie and Mary and the Valentine theme from The Paper Players to inspire me to create this card. There is no stamping on this card, but I still love the way it turned out. I used a new heart stencil from Dreamweaver and sponged burgandy ink on some new DP from Memory Box for the focal point and then layered that on the lacey squares nestie. The background DP is also from Memory Box. Add some ribbon and pearls and the card is done.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

Very pretty Valentine. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

Arts by Sara said...

Awesome Card Karen! I love all the extra goodies that you have added! Happy Creating! Sara

Deb said...

Great card! I love the focal point! I like making cards where I don't have to stamp! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

What a delightful heart image! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Neeti said...

Beautiful valentine day card Karen.. and the heart image is so sweet. TFS.
I have found your blog on Feline's playful. I am a new follower.
Hugs, Neeti

Julie Gearinger said...

This is a great Valentine's Day Card- love the use of the stencil and the combination of ribbon! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

jaydee said...

Karen, I had forgotten what a gorgeous color burgundy is for Valentine's - such a wonderful change from the usual colors. Gorgeous card!
So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week for our Valentine theme challenge.
Jaydee